Ultimate Guide for Pool Remodeling San Antonio TX
There are many reasons why you might want to consider replacing the swimming pool in your backyard in San Antonio, TX. But before you make a decision that’s going to cost you a great deal of time and money, there are several things you should consider for pool remodeling San Antonio, TX.
First and foremost, why do you want to replace the pool to begin with? Perhaps you purchased a home and you realize that the pool is dated and past its point of usefulness. Maybe you simply want to upgrade to a more modern design. Or maybe, you just want to give the area a facelift by changing the shape and size of what is probably the focal point of your backyard.
Whatever the reason, you’ll want to take several things into account. The biggest and most pressing issue is, as usual, the cost of performing such a renovation.
Nationally, a typical pool replacement costs between $45,000 and $65,000, so you’re going to want to be sure that this is a project you definitely want to undertake before getting involved to the point of not being able to turn back.
Secondly, replacing a pool is a major project and it’s going to take some time and, thus, cause a good deal of disruption to your daily life. There will be workers, and equipment and a good amount of noise for a few weeks while the old pool is being demolished and the new one is being built.
But if you have your heart set on upgrading your backyard oasis, then congratulations! A swimming pool provides an unlimited amount of fun and enjoyment while creating memories that will last a lifetime.
So, let’s talk about pool remodeling replacing that backyard swimming pool in San Antonio. First, we’ll examine a few of the reasons why homeowners decide to replace their existing pools, which usually involves demolishing a concrete pool or one with a vinyl liner and upgrading to a more modern fiberglass pool.
And that’s because of fiberglass pools:
Are much easier to maintain
Use lesser chemicals
Have the lowest lifetime cost of ownership
Have features such as steps, benches, tanning ledges and more integrated into the pool shell
Are extremely attractive
Are incredibly durable
Swimming Pool Remodeling San Antonio TX – New Fiberglass Pools
Now if you’ve made the decision to replace your old swimming pool with a new fiberglass model, there are many steps to go through to ensure that the job is done correctly.
- Tear Out The Old Structure. This means the liner, the wall panels, the floor and everything else needs to be completely removed. This is the first step and nothing else can be done until it is accomplished.
- Bring Hole Up To The Proper Grade. This is generally accomplished by using gravel, though some builders will also use sand to accomplish this task. It will also be used to backfill the sides of the pool as well, which can become expensive, depending on the size of the pool.
- Remove The Old Decking And Patio Area. This is because of the large equipment that will be used to install the new pool, which will also need a good amount (probably about 3 feet) of concrete around it. This is connected to the fiberglass lip to form a structural bond beam.
From this point on, assuming you’ve obtained all the necessary permits, you can simply install the upgraded pool as if you were installing a new one. We’ve talked about some of these steps in pool remodeling San Antonio TX before, but will include them here again so you know exactly what you’re getting into when installing that new fiberglass swimming pool in your backyard.
Once the hole is updated and your old decking and patio area has been removed, you can continue with the project via the following steps:
- Tile And Coping. This involves choosing and installing a decorative tile for your pool. This can be any of several textures, materials, and colors, whatever happens, to fit your tastes.
- Plumbing. You’ll want to install or upgrade, the plumbing in a way that will give you the best circulation and filtration for crystal clear water and ease of maintenance. This can take some time, but you want to get it right and avoid future problems.
- Equipment Setup Or Upgrade. This includes items like water feature pumps and other optional equipment, all of which should be handled by a qualified professional.
- Electrical And Gas. You’ll now need to run or upgrade, electrical conduits for pool lights and equipment. Gas lines to the pool heaters can also be run during this phase.
- Deck Layout. The new decking should fit well with the pool layout and design, and you’ll want to accomplish the installation of your deck during this step. There are several choices in regards to materials, including bricks, stone, pavers and more.
- Pool Finish. The pool interior is coated with your choice of materials, from standard white to others that are much more extravagant. When this is finished, you can finally begin filling the pool with water.
According to the Association of Pool & Spa Professionals (APSP), there are 10.4 million residential swimming pools in the United States, with swimming being the fourth most popular sport or activity in the country.
With so many swimming pools, and so many more being built or upgraded every year, there are obviously many styles and types to choose from. Visit our gallery for more pictures to choose from for pool remodeling San Antonio TX.
And we’re here to help you make those important decisions. If you want to upgrade your current backyard swimming pool, we have years of experience in guiding our clients down this path and helping them make what are often very difficult decisions.
If you’re even considering upgrading your old swimming pool in San Antonio, we’d love the chance to meet you, contact us to get to know you and develop a plan for creating a backyard oasis that you’ll be proud of for many years to come.
A backyard swimming pool is unlike anything else when it comes to maximizing the fun and enjoyment of your home and property in San Antonio, TX. Let us help you create that special place, where you’ll be making memories that will last a lifetime.